Affordable Care Act Compliance Seminar
David C. Smith is the Director of Compliance of EbenConcepts, one of the Southeast’s largest benefits consulting firms. He has nearly 20 years of experience in employee benefits with regulatory, business and industry perspectives.
This seminar will provide the following updates and answer your questions about:
1. How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (tax reform signed in December) impacts employers and benefits they offer their employees, and how the elimination of the penalty for the individual mandate impacts employers and their employees beginning in 2019.
2. The latest information about changes to the state and federal laws that impact employee benefits such as wellness rules changes, new and changing regulations from federal agencies, recent court decisions, state adoption of paid-leave laws and enforcement and audits by USDOL and EEOC.
3. What is expected to change with the ACA Reporting Mandate, especially deadlines and the form and data to be included.
4. Who is an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) including how common control and ownership issues, FTE calculation and seasonal employees can cause you to have to report and offer coverage, and how to prove you offered it to the right employees.
5. Changes by the Trump asministration with regard to how Association Medical Plans will become available later this year. Will these be an option for your company? Why, or why not, an Association Medical Plan will make sense for you.
6. Short Term Medical Policies – who will buy this type of policy? What is unique about them? How are they most commonly different from standard ACA qualified plans? All the answers you will want to have regarding this type of insurance policy.
DATE & TIME:
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Seminar: 9:00AM – 11:00AM
HAWK Advisers’ Training Room
206 Williamson Road, Suite 100
Roanoke, VA 24011